Tuesday, July 5, 2011

J-E-T-S!

Wow, I didn't see that one coming.

RJ08 signed yesterday with the Winnipeg Jets--yes, the Atlanta Thrashers through last season--and he'll add great depth to their roster. I can't wait to see how things pan out. (Conversely, mperreault is still unsigned, with the Capitals' offer on the table as far as I know.)

Coincidentally, I won the Stanley Cup just yesterday with RJ08 on the first line of the L.A. Kings in NHL11. He won the Norris Trophy, and was runner-up for the Conn-Smythe Trophy (the game told me so). He became a free agent after the season ended and was offered $1 million by the Kings; the Capitals, whom he'd just beaten in the Final; the Bruins; and the FLYERS. I--er, computer "he" and I, I mean--decided to take the Bruins' offer.

Too bad I'll have to wait for NHL12 to have the Jets make a reappearance. Also, RJ08 will probably be stuck on the Lightning, as he was with the Kings when NHL11 came out. Oh well.

Anyway, congratulations--I'm proud of you, RJ.

No comments:

Post a Comment