Thursday, July 14, 2011

One year, two ways.

Just yesterday, mperreault signed a one-year, two-way contract with Washington.

Within hours of me having tweeted relief at this, a total stranger (and apparent Caps blogger) challenged me, politely, to defend mperreault's honor as an NHL-caliber center.

Apparently the guy has a hard-on for Marcus Johansson and didn't much like that I said he would be mperreault's main competition. Nor did he appreciate my statement about turnover in the NHL and that I could see mperreault in Boston in 2013, insisting that they'll keep the centers they already have.

And all this, of course, was going on in a public forum, with lord knows who reading. Thanks, guy. I'm all done with that; I've got work to do.

It makes me hope that mperreault has a breakout season and then leaves rather than gets traded. (I'm with you, wherever you wind up--you know this.) I mean, hell, *I* just got a new job. It could very well be contagious.

No comments:

Post a Comment